Your company’s carpet is more than just decoration.
True, you probably selected the carpet because it fit the decor of your building, and it certainly played a role in making a great first impression and maintaining the appearance of your workspace.
But did you know what else it does for you? Carpeting also helps your workplace by:
- Providing warmth and comfort – it holds heat
- Cushioning slips and falls
- Reducing noise, making it easier to learn and concentrate
- Improving indoor air quality by acting like a filter, trapping soil, debris and other contaminants so they can’t spread through the air of your facility
- Saving money over time by wearing better and requiring less intensive maintenance
You made a significant investment to install carpeting in your work place. The best way to maximize that investment – and reap the benefits carpeting provides – is to make sure it is properly and regularly cleaned. In addition to keeping it looking nice, it will extend its life and ability to provide the benefits mentioned above.
There are many commercial janitorial services companies such as Jack’s Maintenance Service that provide professional commercial carpet cleaning services. You will have a myriad of options to consider, but here are some basic questions that can help you pare your list down quickly and get the right company in place to take care of your carpets:
- “How long have you been in business?”
- “What formal training is required for the company’s management and cleaning technicians?” A reputable company should require that employees receive proper training before they visit a job site
- “Do you vacuum before deep cleaning the carpet?” All professional cleaners should vacuum before they deep clean the carpet. This critical first step makes a huge difference in the result
It's important to hire the right professional cleaners with the right equipment, training and experience to protect your investment. Hiring the right professional can remove all the dirt, stains and spills from the carpet, and also can restore the color and beauty, while improving overall indoor environmental quality in the building as well.
For additional guidance to outsourcing your cleaning and maintenance, please check out our FREE Cleaning & Maintenance Outsourcing Checklist.